Saturday, December 6, 2008

Memories That Is Too Good To Be Forgotten

Salam .....

It's raining today. It was raining since last night. Think the rain is not gonna stop till Eidul Adha. I love the rain..Love the feelings....I juz dunno how to describe it in here but I love when it rains.
Rains bring a lot of memories for me...It reminds me of my childhood days...Normally, during this monsoon season..I wud be at my grandma's house( Alfatihah for Mak)..Yes..MAK!! Tht is wat I used to call her...instead of Tok, Mak Tok, Wan or those names falls under 'GRANDMA'.. I called her Mak...GOsh! I missed her sooooo much!!!!!

Anyway, recalling all those sweet memories that I had when I was a little girl.With the monsoon season and furthermore it's school holidays,I wud be staying at home helped her with her grocery shop once I came back from my mengaji Quran class. I wud be ready at the shop,wud shouting for her name if there were villagers around the area came to the shop to buy groceries while she was in the kitchen cooking for us ( at that time me & my two brothers)....Coz at that time, let me see...emmm...I was in my primary school, I was not that 'pandai' to berniaga...hahhaa...but looking at my present job, I think I inherit that from her..Looking after the MONEY!!!! hahahha...( but still till today I dunno & am not that interested in doing biz..funny isn't it?!!!) I was her secretary..( that wat my father used to call me) coz I wud helped her to write list of things to buy to refurbish the stock..She wud call me, 'Kak Long, tolong Mak tulis list barang. Petang nanti Tokeh nak datang hantar barang'. I wud helped her to calculate the villagers' hutang (as in my term the Debtors)as well as the amount that she owed the Tokeh at the end of the month. With her teachings, I know how to use the 'dacing', how to 'timbang' all the foods, how to 'sukat' the cooking oil using tht I dunno wat's it called...to sum it all, she taught me a lot of things from management to the field work....Actually, I' ve learnt that without going to U....and we learnt that 'formally' in uni....emmm..something to think about....

I remembered those rainy days, the 'lauk' wud be salt fish, nasi panas, telur mata kerbau & kicap for lunch....Emmmm..slurp!!!! Bestnye... I wud be sitting in front of the house while looking outside at the falling rains... ( Rain Drops Keeps Falling On My Head is singing in my head now)...
Then for tea, Mak wud make hot tea & keropok goreng or jemput pisang...( slurp...!!! sedapnye...) and she wud call all her cucus to be at the table... Never tired , bored or complaining abt us... She wud cook our favourite dishes by request....I missed her cooking.....and by the evening,Mama wud come and take us home. I cud see the expression on her face sort of telling don't go back, please stay the night at Mak's house....As for us, when it's about time to go back,we were reluctant to go.But Mak understood and she wud 'pujuk' us to go back and cud have the weekend with her. So tht's wat we did. We normally stayed at Mak's place over the weekend. When night came, me & my brother wud running after who will get to sit in between Mak while watching tv. Yours truly wud loose to the brother.

Those are the memories tht too good to be forgotten. A lot of sweet memories that I had with Mak. But these are only extract of it. Because of raining today brings me back to my childhood days. I always think to myself, wat if, if Mak still alive? Wat wud my life be? I think I will not be as independent as I am right now. I wish I cud turn back the time.....like the song by Cher: If I Could Turn The Time........

4 comments:

orangmuar said...

nice writing.... rain definitely bring lots of memory for me too.. some sweet.. some sour... bitter... and no taste...

waiting for your next posting...

Eryshah said...

tq...I tot u did not read my writing...definitely, rain brings a lot of memories...

intan a. said...

kak long!
ur article reminds me masa kecik2 dulu.
cuma yg lain nye, my gramps took care of me til i was 2, then my parents amek i blek n took me to kl.
so each time i blek kg, then bile nak blek kl blek, mesti i nangis.
childhood memories are the sweetest kan?

Eryshah said...

true darling intan...

childhood memories was the greatest. could not be traded with anything else....