Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Unexpected

Recently, I bumped into my school teacher when I was in primary school. She taught me music when I was in Std.1....It was an unexpected meeting. I was on my way to buy pizza after long day work & felt really hungry. While waiting for the pizza, I saw her coming out from shop. I went to say 'Hi' and asked how is she doing....She answered with a smile.....

So good I had the chance to meet her after so long leaving the school. She has retired for quite number of years..but I can still see & feel her passion for teaching. She told me her experience teaching in a rural school after she left our school. She taught at that rural school for 6 years before she retired. What admire me the most about her passion is that she never discriminates her students despite, race, religion or gender. I can see her passion for teaching and her love for the kids. Her disciplinary action is still in her.. I think I rarely see these quality in the new generation of teachers today. Correct me if Im wrong...but is there still a teacher who really do care to call the house or the parents to ask if the students did not come to school for three days without notification???!

I wish I have her passion in teaching and the love for the children. Happy Teachers Day Ms Foenander and to all teachers out there. You really inspire me and you teach me a lot.....

No comments: